Are you looking for a place to set up a company and open a corporate account? We would like to offer two different jurisdictions for these purposes to comply with the diversification principle, and this is a solution you will not regret! Nevis is an excellent destination that is known as a stronghold for asset protection, a tax haven, and a pro-business jurisdiction that welcomes non-resident companies. As for banking, you probably know that not all banks are prepared to work with offshore companies, but we know the one that is excellent in this regard: Capital Security Bank in the Cook Islands is a really good solution! The account can be opened online in a matter of one month.
If you need more information on both destinations, we will be happy to see you on our portal where you will find more details on how to open a bank account in Cook Islands and a company in Nevis. We focus on international business and banking, investments (including citizenship by investment), tax optimization, asset protection, and other similar matters that may be of interest to you. You can schedule a free meeting with our consultant to discuss all the challenges and peculiarities of your situation and find the best offer available in the market customized to your needs. We will be happy to deal with all the administrative matters for you at a reasonable fee to give you more time for your business!
Why Form a Company in Nevis?
This is a truly remarkable destination where your personal data and assets will be protected in the best way possible in the present-day world (where you cannot expect absolute anonymity or safety). Nevis is a good starting point for your international projects.
As you know, international regulators are trying to make offshore territories more regulated in an attempt to stop tax evasion and money laundering practices. Nevis manages to offer really attractive incentives to non-resident entrepreneurs and maintain its reputation on a high level: no Nevis-based company has been involved in tax evasion scandals, which speaks for itself and is a competitive advantage if we consider other offshore jurisdictions.
Another important aspect is the island’s legislation. It is based on the common law, which makes it easy for the country’s authorities to quickly adjust the requirements to permanently changing conditions. For instance, Nevis introduced some important changes in 2019 which prevented the country from becoming blacklisted by the European Union.
Let’s look at several reasons that substantiate why a Nevis company is a good choice:
- You can be a 100% company owner no matter where you reside.
- A Nevis company can have one owner who can be its sole director at the same time.
- The liability is limited by the member’s contribution to the company.
- The company’s assets will enjoy truly reliable protection.
- The personal data of the company’s owners and officials will be protected in a reliable way.
- The company establishment procedure is quick and not very difficult.
If you solely own the company and you decide to increase the number of shareholders, you will need to appoint at least two more directors (these can be individuals or legal entities).
You can use nominee service to appoint managers, shareholders, or directors. Shareholders/directors may reside in any country.
As for the share capital, we recommend setting up a company with 10,000 US dollars (remember that you are not required to pay it up!). However, the minimum threshold is not officially set, so you can theoretically start a company with 1 dollar.
Documents Required to Establish a Nevis BC
Make color scans of the following documents (for each founder) to register a Business Company in Nevis:
- Notarized copy of passport and any other ID
- Proof of residential address (utility bill/bank statement issued no more than 3 months ago)
- Completed and signed order and due diligence forms
The original documents should be sent to our office.
As soon as the company registration procedure is over, we will send back the original corporate documents to you. You can order a set of apostilled copies if you want to.
Corporate Account in the Cook Islands
Capital Security Bank (CSB) is the bank in the Cook Islands that we recommend, and it was established back in 1997. It has a license that permits it to carry out business activities locally and internationally. The banking services it provides are of top quality, and they are especially attractive to wealthy people who are looking for an institution where savings can be made in an effective and reliable way. CSB is known for the confidential treatment of the customer’s personal information, and it emphasizes this fact.
CSB has only one office, and it conducts its activities under the laws of the Cook Islands which gives it a tangible advantage over transnational banks.
The minimum possible balance (and the minimum deposit for opening a current account) is 20,000 US dollars. You can open an account in GBP, EUR, USD, or other currencies.
CSB bank has certain restrictions. It does not open accounts for individuals who come from certain countries (the account beneficiary cannot come from these countries, either). You can click on the link above to see a full list of countries, as well as a second list of countries whose citizens are subject to more stringent due diligence procedures.
Let’s look at the list of documents required to create an account with CSB:
- A copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association/Bylaws/Operating Agreement
- A copy of the Director’s Resolution to open an account
- A copy of the Certificate of Formation
- A copy of the Certificate of Good Standing (if the company has been in existence for more than 1 year)
- You may additionally need a description of the company’s activities signed by the client
As for the company’s beneficiaries/officers, each of them will need to provide the following documents:
- A notarized copy of an international passport
- Proof of residence address
- A short biography
BC Formation in Nevis and Account Opening with CSB: Procedure
Here are the steps you will need to take to get a company and a corporate account:
- Please get in touch with us to discuss the details.
- Prepare a package of required documents.
- Pay the cost of our services in any way convenient to you.
- Send the original documents to our back office.
- Wait for 2 weeks.
- Receive the original documents and start operations!
We wish you luck in all your business endeavors!