One of the main benefits of a bong is that it removes a lot of harmful bits from the smoke. But if you don’t clean your bong, its purpose is lost. Regular upkeep is essential to maintaining the flavor of your cannabis, which requires maintaining the functionality of your prized item. If your beautiful glass accessory has developed some dirt or odor, it’s time to brush up on bong cleaning techniques.
Everything that we smoke enters our bodies. Bacteria, mold, fungus, and viruses can quickly grow within your bong overnight and result in respiratory issues later on or even at the moment of consumption. In the same way that we examine and test our flowers to ensure their cleanliness, we also need to ensure the cleanliness of the equipment we use to smoke them.
Although bongs are a fantastic method to smoke marijuana, they need upkeep. It’s probable that smoking a bong is healthier for your lungs than smoking joints or blunts since you don’t need to consume any additional drugs. However, regardless of how or what you smoke, there are still possible health risks, so keep that in mind as you’re enjoying responsibly.
When Is It Time to Clean Your Bong?
You’ll know it’s time to clean your bong when a ring begins to form around the waterline of your bong or when you pour purified water into it and notice some little floaters of residue or marijuana. These particles, together with bacteria and mildew, are what cause that really particular bong smell.
Your bong’s watercolor will best tell you when it needs a thorough cleaning. A dirty bong’s water will seem brownish-green even though it is clean because of resin that has stuck to the glass. You should thoroughly clean out your bong if it’s getting dark or nearly black.
It depends on how often you use it. If you use it every day, it’s advisable to clean it two to three times every week. If you don’t use it much, try to clean it every third use. As soon as you see any dirt, debris, stains, or resin buildup on your bong, you should clean it. It’s time to give your bong a thorough cleaning if the water is cloudy, the bong smells unpleasant, or the percolator has black markings. The bottom line is that if it doesn’t seem to be clean, it’s time to use our cleaning tips.
How to Clean a Glass Bong?
Since glass makes up the majority of bongs, we’ll start with that homemade cleaning technique. Strong alcoholic cleaners, like isopropyl alcohol or acetone, work best for cleaning a glass water pipe.
This works wonders at cleaning and sanitizing the bong. If you have rubbing alcohol ready to use, we advise against using it, as it won’t be powerful enough for this procedure since it won’t need it. If you don’t want any sticky residue on your fingertips, put on some disposable gloves before starting these cleaning steps.
- Remove the stem and bowl. The bowl and stem are where you place your cannabis. It is quite simple to remove this part, which makes cleaning the bong much simpler. When you pour the bong water out, you should try to avoid getting the bowl wet.
- Throw away the used water. If at all possible, avoid pouring bong water down the drain since it is sticky and resinous. If you have a properly sealed trash bag, you may pour it into the bag and toss it in the trash. Or you can pour it into a sealed container to throw away. Additionally, you can take your bong water outside. However, avoid using it to irrigate any plants. Your plants will suffer from the same mold and bacteria that may hurt you.
- Put the bong in a bag with a zip cover. It should be possible to limit the mess using a large gallon-size bag. You can do the following procedures inside a garbage bag or over your sink if you don’t have a zip-top bag on hand. Just be careful since the bong resin might stick to the sink’s sides.
- Fill the bong’s inside with isopropyl alcohol. You should fill the bong’s top with your isopropyl alcohol. Depending on the size of your bong, use around 16 ounces or just enough alcohol to fill it halfway. You may also use baking soda and white vinegar instead of isopropyl alcohol; just let it soak longer.
- To the bong, add salt. This salt helps gently scrubbing the resin out of the bong’s inside. The salt eliminates the buildup from the bong’s sides, but alcohol alone only cleans it to a limited extent. Use enough of it so that the salt can effectively scrape the resin off.
After that, you should close the bag and shake it. Let it soak for 30 minutes since the effectiveness of the alcohol in cleaning your glass is improved by letting it soak. Finally, to remove any remaining oil from the glass, use dish soap and warm water.
For your well-being and enjoyment, your bong must be cleaned.
While you can get combinations at the shop that guarantee to fast and effectively clean your bong, you can also use household items like isopropyl alcohol and salt to clean your bong effectively. Use a less harsh technique like hot water and dish soap for cleaning other types of bongs like silicone or acrylic.
Wear disposable hands and avoid pouring contaminated bong water down your drain because it’s a really sticky process.